Hurdler develops proper rhythm between hurdles.
- You need several boxes (like pizza boxes). Place the first about six feet beyond the eighth step mark.
How it Works
- Hurdler runs from the blocks to the first box and clears it.
- Coach now adds a second box six feet beyond the first.
- Hurdler now runs to first box, clears it, continues running and clears second box.
- Process continues with more boxes added as the athlete is ready.
- Watch the hurdler closely so that he or she establishes a good rhythm and jumping technique over the boxes. When that happens they can move on to jumping actual hurdles.