Works on getting lead foot over the hurdle.
- Place a series of low hurdles approximately 5 to 6 feet apart.
How it Works
- Hurdler starts 4 to 5 feet in front of first hurdle.
- Hurdler skips with takeoff leg and brings the lead leg up and over the hurdle.
- As lead leg steps down over the hurdle the trail leg is lifted up and over the hurdle.
- Once trail leg lands, hurdler immediately skips again on the trail foot and steps over the next hurdle.
- Run drill for 8 to 10 hurdles.
- This drill can also be run over whole hurdles.
- Hurdlers should approach the hurdles directly/head on in this drill.