Teaches proper sprinting posture and sprint mechanics.
- You need a clear area of track.
How it Works
- Runner marches, jogs or runs forward.
- With each step runner brings that side of the body to the A position.
- Raised foot goes immediately to hip and then forward. It does not go backward.
- Raised foot should be rising above the knee of the supporting leg.
- Run the drill over a 20-30 meter distance.
- The A Position is created by lifting the heel of the raised leg as close to the hip as possible. Foot should be in toe-up position.
- Arms move opposite the legs. Head should be aligned with spine. Hips are in a neutral position.