Runners build their acceleration by learning the correct lean technique.
- You need a clear track, and if you want to you can set up a tape across the lanes of the track for runners to make sure they are leaning under.
How it Works
- Runner lines up in starting blocks.
- Once the runner bursts from the blocks, the shoulders need to be kept low while the legs drive forward and the arms drive the body forward.
- Tape can be set up at different intervals to help train the runner to stay low, and incrementally raise their body to an upright position.
- Stress the greater the lean, the greater the acceleration.
- When a runner bursts from the blocks, they need to keep their body angled forward – but they must keep their body down.
- This drill is designed to make sure that a runner keeps the lean and continues to accelerate.