To improve coordination and flexibility.
Setup 6 hurdles one after another.
Have your athletes line up behind the first hurdle.
- On the coach’s command, the athletes will step over the 1st and 2nd hurdles using an alternating leg movement.
- After stepping over the 2nd hurdle they will bring both feet down and step backwards over the previous hurdle.
- They will then bring the other leg back, now with both feet back behind the 2nd hurdle.
- They will continue the whole way down like this – 2 hurdles forward, 1 hurdle back, until they get to the end of the line.
- After completing a set with the alternating leg movement, they will perform another set, this time not alternating the leg.
- They will step forward over the 1st hurdle with their right leg, bring both feet down, then step over the 2nd hurdle with their right leg again.
- Next, they will step backwards with the right leg, bringing both feet back behind the 2nd hurdle before continuing forwards again.
- Repeat all the way down.
- Remind your athletes to stand tall, stay controlled and stay on the balls of their feet.