To work on conditioning, flexibility and coordination in the lower body.
Setup 6 hurdles with about 2 feet in between each hurdle. Raise every hurdle by 2-3 feet.
Have your athletes line up behind the first hurdle facing sideways.
- On the coach’s command, the athlete will drop the hips and step sideways underneath the first hurdle.
- They will maintain that height, staying low and keeping the knees bent as they continue, stepping under the next hurdle.
- They will continue like this to the end of the row of hurdles before returning to the start of the line.
- They will now repeat the drill, this time facing the opposite side.
- Emphasize the importance of keeping the head and shoulders in the same position as you move with the lower body stepping and pushing with the hips.