Improves the runner’s drive phase.
- Runner stands approximately 1 meter from a wall.
How it Works
- Runner places both hands against the wall with full arm extension.
- Runner’s trunk should be at 45 degree angle to the wall.
- Coach says, “Go.”
- Runner pumps legs like they are starting a race while pushing against the wall with their hands.
- Run drill for 15-30 seconds.
- Coach says, “Stop.”
- Make sure runner’s trunk and arms are at a 45 degree angle against wall.
- Also, make sure runner pumps legs as vigorously as possible.