Works on combining the first two elements of the triple jump.
- You need one cone set up right after the takeoff board and enough room on the approach to have a 5 to 10 stride approach.
How it Works
- Starting several strides away, the jumper strides at half speed toward the takeoff board.
- The first element of this drill is the initial hop over the cone.
- The hop lands on the right foot, one step is taken and then the right leg begins the bound into the waiting sand pit – as if the third step were happening out of the pit (which it does not).
- On the initial hop, the jumper should have a high knee action to get a good lift over the cone while his or her arms are back preparing for the next action.