Emphasizes the lunge position that is necessary after takeoff.
- Use the regular long jump pit and approach.
How it Works
- Jumper takes their normal approach and drives off the board.
- He or she immediately goes into a lunge position driving lead knee forward and bringing it parallel to the ground.
- Jumper lands in that same lunge position with takeoff knee in the sand and lead knee above it.
- Make sure jumper is getting full extension off the board and is then maintaining the lunge position into the sand.
- Jumper’s upper body should be vertical at takeoff.