Builds aerobic capacity and improves speed and endurance.
- You need an open track.
How it Works
- Runner runs 300m hard and then walks 100m back to the starting line.
- At the starting line runner repeats the sequence running 300m hard and walking 100m.
- Do this sequence eight times.
- Runners should be aiming for a specific time on each 300m interval – for example, 55-65 seconds. Set the time based on the athlete’s skill level.
- The 100m walk to the finish line should be brisk – for example, 35-40 seconds.