Develops explosive power in the legs.
- Run the drill over a 30m-50m section of open track.
How it Works
- Runner uses an exaggerated running motion to travel the 30m-50m distance.
- Runner should be thrusting up into the air off one leg then the other in a skipping type motion.
- Continue the bounding motion for the full 30m to 50m distance.
- In this drill, runner’s focus should be on exploding up into the air and on maintaining a quick forward pace.
- Runner’s arm motion should be synced to the opposite leg action as he or she goes forward.