Runners learn to keep up with the rest of the pack and keep within striking distance of the race leader.
- This drill can be run as a group or with just partners.
How it Works
- Designate one runner as the leader and the other(s) as the trailer(s).
- The leader should change up their race tactics as they run the event – and the other runners are to try to keep within a ‘touching’ distance.
- A good rule of thumb to stress to your 800m runners is to try to stay at a point where they can reach out and touch the lead runner.
- You may want to run this drill more than once to simulate true race tactics.