Works runner’s fast twitch and slow twitch muscles with a mix of long distance work and sprints.
- You need an open track.
How it Works
- Athlete runs 200m and takes a 30-second break.
- Athlete runs 400 meters and takes a 45-second break.
- Athlete runs 600 meters and takes a 60-second break.
- Athlete runs 800 meters and takes a 75-second break.
- Athlete runs 1000 meters and takes a 90 second break.
- Athlete runs 1600 meters and takes a two minute break.
- Athlete then repeats the cycle going from the top back down – 1600m, 1000m, 800m, 600m, 400m and 200m.
- Athlete takes the same timed break as before after each segment.
- Make sure runners are running easy and relaxed. Too many runners tense up.
- Shoulders should be relaxed, hands should be loose when running.