Builds endurance and explosive power in the legs.
- You need an open track and a 50m open area.
How it Works
- Athlete runs 400m and then does a 100m recovery jog.
- Repeat this combination eight times.
- Then do three sets of broad jumps over a 50m area.
- The broad jump part of this drill should train the runner’s legs to work when they are tired. It should also build explosive power that is needed when running long distance track events.
- Make sure runners stay focused during this part of the drill and don’t let fatigue keep them from taking maximum jumps.