Works on all the elements of the high jump, including the lift, body control and more.
- Set up the normal high jump apparatus.
- You also need to set up the pole vault apparatus outside the high jump bars.
- Tie a string with a ball at the end to the middle of the pole vault bar.
How it Works
- With a proper approach, the jumper reaches the takeoff point and pushes off using the strength in the legs and the lift from a big arm swing upward.
- With enough lift, the jumper should be able to get over the bar and reach his or her inside knee to make contact with the ball that is hanging from the string.
- This jump requires lift from the mid-section and control to get the legs over.
- This drill also requires good focus from the jumper.