Skip to content
- Mark off the following intervals: 100 meters, 150 meters and then 200 meters.
How it Works
- Runner starts off running for 100m, and then he or she rests for 10 seconds.
- Then they start running again, for 150m, and then they take a 15 second rest.
- Then the runner does the last 200m and then rests for 20 seconds.
- At this point (the top of the pyramid), the runner runs again for 200m, but then only rests for 15 seconds, then they run 150m.
- Then the runner rests for 10 seconds and runs the final 100m.
- Repeat the drill twice – with a 4 to 5 minute rest in between.
- Middle distance runners should be running “tall” – that means running with good posture. They should be upright with a small forward lean.