Jumpers work on their takeoffs and landings.
- Jumper stands at the edge of the long jump pit.
How it Works
- Jump using both feet into the long jump pit.
- Land in squat position.
- Next, jump again from both feet, land in squat position.
- This time as you land sweep arms back, push heels out and bring buttocks down to foot-landing position.
- Next, jump off both feet, then as the heels make contact with the sand, sweep arms back, bend the knees and bring buttocks down to the feet.
- Repeat sequence.
- Make sure jumper is maintaining balance on the landing. Losing balance and falling backward could cause them significant distance on their jump.