Builds strength and endurance for the middle distance runner.
- You need to find a hill that has a slight incline, but is about 150 to 200m. The incline should be about 20 degrees, but any hill with a decent incline is going to work.
How it Works
- The runner starts by running half speed up the hill, and then at the end of the specified distance (150 or 200m) they rest for 30 seconds.
- Then they turn around and run down the hill.
- Then, the runner begins again and this time runs up the hill at full speed.
- Then they rest for 30 seconds and run down the hill.
- Rest for 5 minutes and then start at half speed again.
- Then the runners do it at full speed once more to complete the drill.
- This is a great early season drill to start building conditioning and strength.