Hurdlers work on race fundamentals, such as acceleration throughout the run, good stride rhythm and jumping form.
- Set up hurdles as you would for a typical race; however, only set up the middle two lanes with hurdles. Runner will run on either side of the hurdles.
How it Works
- Runners use blocks to start, running this race as though it were the real thing.
- The only difference between this drill and the real thing is the hurdles.
- The hurdler will run beside the hurdles that are set up, but still hurdling them as though the hurdles were in front of them.
- This drill is purely aimed at allowing the runner to focus on running the race, rather than making sure they get over the hurdles.
- Watch the race for potential misses, and to make sure the runner maintains form, even though they are not going over the real hurdles.