Increases a hurdler’s push of power.
- A set of 10 stairs for the runner to work on.
How it Works
- Hurdler starts at the bottom of a set of stairs.
- He or she hops on one leg up all 10 stairs.
- Hurdler should walk down the stairs with both legs and then do the exercise again with the other leg.
- This drill is not about speed, but about preparing the body to push off and getting the most push they can by thrusting their body forward.
- The push off will help the hurdler to build the muscles in the leg that work the push off. This helps the runner with power when they go to leap the hurdles. Watch to make sure hurdler is really getting a good push off their leg.