Emphasizes the technical aspects of the throw.
- You need a rubber ring that is roughly the same size as the discus, but considerably lighter.
How it Works
- To start this drill, the thrower stands at the back of the throwing circle, facing backward.
- The thrower then goes through his regular windup as if he or she were throwing a regular discus.
- By using the lighter ring, the thrower is allowed to focus on the pivot, the leg sweep, the hip, trunk and shoulder rotation, and the eventual arm swing.
- This is a full motion drill for the thrower – only now they will be using the ring, rather than the real discus.
- Watch as the thrower goes through each phase of the windup and throw and make technique adjustments where necessary.