Builds strength and muscle memory for the arm and the motion it makes when throwing the discus.
- thrower should have a discus to do this drill, and enough room to swing their arm in a normal motion.
How it Works
- The throwing arm should be extended out to the side, parallel to the ground.
- Then, it should be moved forward and backward in a smooth motion in order to mimic the throwing motion.
- Do not release the discus during this drill.
- This is strictly a repetitive drill that helps the thrower get used to the discus and to the motion they are going to use to throw discus.
- This is a simple drill that can be used as a warm up, or an early season drill to get throwers into the swing of things with their throwing motion. It allows the thrower to work on their form.