PurposeVaulters gain confidence in their ability to jump higher.
- A regular pole vault setup. Plus, the coach must be on hand.
How it Works
- This drill starts as a normal practice pole vault, only it has a catch … or rather a push.
- Vaulter takes a full speed approach.
- Vaulter then sticks the pole into the box, and the coach comes in behind the vaulter.
- Once the pole is planted and the jumper leans back, the vaulter gets a firm push on the back from the coach.
- Give the vaulter a solid two hand push in the back. This will help the jumper with their confidence and aggressiveness as the push allows them to go higher and challenge their personal bests.
- Confidence is important for the vaulter, especially if they want to reach higher and be more aggressive.