Improves the plant technique.
- You can run this drill with either with a full length pole or a pole stub.
How it Works
- This drill starts from the standing point just before the box.
- The jumper should be holding the pole in the running position to start.
- Then the pole is raised to shoulder height to begin the approach to the box, then the pole is lifted to begin the plant.
- Both arms will then extend and the pole is angled toward the box.
- Start off this drill in slow motion, and exaggerate the motions to perfect the technique. Then work up to full speed.
- Watch the vaulter’s technique and make sure the point of the pole does not hit the box until both of the arms are extended.