This drill focuses on plant and takeoff fundamentals.
- You need a pole and the long jump sand pit.
How it Works
- Vaulter places the top hand high on the pole.
- From a standing position, vaulter takes a four step approach, plants the end of the pole into the long jump sand pit.
- At the point, on the top hand stays on the pole and the vaulter swings through and lands on the takeoff foot.
- Vaulter then runs out of the sand pit.
- In this drill, the top arm should remain straight as the vaulter swings through.
- Remember, vaulter should takeoff and land on the same foot