Gets vaulter used to curling the pole and preparing to takeoff.
- You need a pole vault set up and a pole.
How it Works
- From a standing position, vaulter places the end of the pole into the plant box.
- Vaulter then curls the pole to their shoulder.
- The goal in this drill is for the vaulter to keep the pole close to their body as they curl it to their shoulder.
- When the vaulter becomes comfortable with the curling action, they can take a four step walking approach to start the drill and then add a press up after the curl.