Vaulter practices the push and turn and bar clearance aspects of the vault.
- You need an open grassy area or a mat
How it Works
- Vaulter takes two steps and jumps onto their hands so that the feet rise straight into the air.
- Feet should be brought together and the vaulter should then push off the ground with the hands and rotate over.
- Vaulter then brings the feet to the ground and reaches a standing position with the arms extended in the air.
- This drill can also be run with a box. The vaulter would place their bottom hand on the ground and their top hand on the box. Then they would push off, bring the feet over and land with the arms extended up.